How it Works
Northwest Housing Development makes home ownership possible for families with low income, good credit and no down payment:
- Development experts purchase large tracts of land, install the infrastructure and subdivide the property into a community of individual home sites;
- Program managers bring together six to 10 households to work cooperatively to help build each home as a group;
- Finance experts help eligible and qualified applicants obtain the 100-percent financed, self-help building loan to pay for materials and specialized labor;
- Architects and draftsman provide a choice of modest, energy efficient housing plans (blue prints) for each new home;
- Accounting experts help manage costs and ensure prompt payment for materials and specialty subcontractors; and,
- Construction experts provide training and guidance through all phases of construction as well as periodic inspections right through your final inspection and approval to move in.